Safe HandlingThe Safe Handling Technology is an option for KUKA Robots from 5 - 500 kg payload, for moving the robot manually by use of a joystick.
Manipulator mode: Force intensifi cation for the human
Hand guided robots could replace conventional manipulators e.g. in the field of assembly. In that area the automatic and semi-automatic mode as well as virtual walls offer large benefits compared to pure force driven systems.
Positioning of heavy parts e.g. for welding in pre-serial or small batch size production. Comfortable supply of components to the human e.g. for quality inspection.
By use of Safe Handl ing, teaching the robot can be simpl i f ied signi f icant ly by using this technology. Especial ly in applications where many points or trajectories change frequently.
Even where the human is not in the work space of the robot, the Safe Handling technology offers interesting use cases. E.g. in the nuclear industry the robot can be moved like a manipulator with all advantages of a robot control (e. g. virtual walls).
The technology package Safe Handling offers for KUKA robots with "Safe Robot" technology following features:
- One or two joysticks for simplifi ed intuitive control of the robot
- Confi gurable degrees of freedom (X, Y, Z and rotation A, B, C)
- Certifi ed by German "Berufsgenossenschaft"
- Safety functions corresponding to "Collaborative operation" as per DIN EN ISO 10218
- Safe monitored cartesian velocity at robot fl ange (250 mm/s) (Kat. 3 ISO 13849-1) replacing obsolete DIN EN 954-1
- Dual channel, three position enabling switch
- Control panel with emergency stop
- Optical signal to visualize the collaborating mode