KR 5 SI (SafeInteraction)The technology package SafeInteraction is an option for the robot in the low payload range KR 5 ARC HW to allow a direct human robot collaboration.
Carrying measuring system:
Due to the possibility to operate the robot without separating safeguarding equipment it is perfectly qualified for measurement applications, e. g. in the context of quality assurance.
Handling applications like loading and unloading of machine tools can be simplified because no additional safety devices (like laser scanners or light curtains) are needed.
All applications can be supported by the SafeInteraction technology. Especially because of direct process control and space-saving new automation solutions are possible. Features:
The technology package SafeInteraction is an option for the robot in the low payload range KR 5 ARC HW to allow a direct human robot collaboration. The safety system is based on five functionalities:
- Safety related monitoring of robot movement in respect of work spaces and velocities (KUKA.SafeOperation)
- Constant reduction of the robotís kinetic energy by use of damping safety pads around the robot
- Stop (category 0; DIN EN 60204-1) by safety related tactile sensors
- Stop (category 2) by capacitive proximity sensors
- Protection of the tool area by a detachable adapter flange (stop category 1)